söndag 9 mars 2014

The Moor Market and street dance

Yesterday I walked down to town. First I visited the main library of Sheffield and the Grave Galleries, where I watched ther exhibition about Polish artists the fled to UK duting the second world war. It was mostly quite heavy oil paintings. One thing I really like with the exhibition was the informative signs next to every painting, and the text on each was a good length but still contained some interesting information about the work. In some museum there are no or little information, or just too much. I also saw the rest of their exhibitions.

Some art in the stairs of the main library.
Then I went to see the Moor market. It was a nice market area that was number 7 on VisitSheffield.co.uk top visitior attractions. It was a nice, sunny Saturday with many people walking around, and I liked the atmosphere of the area.

There was some street dancers performing in the streets, and they both were really good at dancing and to enjoy themselves. After some time I realized they promoted their one night only show on Wendsday at Sheffield City Hall and I had already planned to go there together with some other students from the CIP course.



Inside the actual Moor Market was a mixtore of food and other stalls where you could find almost anything.



In the evening I went to Greentop to see the Cabaret "Sailors and Mermaids". It was fun to see some performances that could inspire us to our final CIP course, and the average level of the acts was good. One of our areal teachers did a performance and I liked to see how she did a very nice areal hoop performance

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar