söndag 23 februari 2014

Parkwood springs view and diabolo practice

This weekend I have been very lazy and mostly staying at home. I needed to rest after two weeks of circus course with the London trip between them, and it has been very nice just to relax for a while.

In the afternoon I decided to take a long walk around Burngreave. I managed to find a post office quite near my house, but since it was Sunday it was not open. I tried to ask in a convenience store if it was possible to buy stamps there but he seemed very unsure about international post and told me that I had to visit the post office.


Then I just walked around, and passed Abbyfield park which was full of kids playing football. I wondered why there was quite a big brick wall around the park so It was impossible to look in or out from the park.

I saw on the map that I was quite close to an area that was called Palmwood Springs so I walked in that direction to see what it was like. It turned out to be some kind of big nature park open for everyone. The entrance was very empty and was just a sign saying “public footpath” with a small map. But when I had walked a little bit in this area I realized how high up above Sheffield I was, and it was a nice view over the city. I really recommend to climb up in the Palmwood Springs area for a free nice viewpoint.


I was almost alone, except for one running woman and some downhill mountain bike guys. There was a prepared track for the bikes that was surprisingly long; it covered almost the whole area from top to bottom.
There were also two football fields and some forest where a dog and the owner played around. I decided to practice some two diabolo, but it was super windy so it was even more difficult to keep two going at the same time. I tried to spin one diabolo and then take my cell phone to take a picture when I spun, but it was impossible since the wind would make it change angle and direction and I cannot do the diabolo with one had yet, and especially not the left one.
Downhill mountain bike track

Then I decided to try to throw the diabolo as high as I could, an then I had to run around since it would be totally unpredictable in which direction the wind would push the diabolo in the air. It was dangerous once when i catches it the diabolo hit my hand. Either it spun very fast or had such a high speed, because my hand started to bleed when it got hit. Well, I continued anyway until it started to get dark, and then I walked back home to make chicken stew for dinner.


Edit: 
I wanted to add some top diabolo tips for windy days
  • Don't do diabolo when it is too windy
  • Try to drive the two diabolos with your right hand rather than the left. If you like me, drove with your left at first, the it will feel like you are doing it twice as fast when you are doing it with you right hand.
  • Let diabolo land on the string and not other body parts, because it will hurt



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar