söndag 2 februari 2014

Meeting the circus people for the first time

Today had the nicest weather so far. I took the bus to central Sheffield to meet up with some others that would do the Circus In Performance Course at Greentop. Not until i got there I realized that I might not recognize them from just some Facebook pictures. I waited outside the station where this nice fountain is located. I looks much better in sunlight than rain.


While I was waiting I took another look into the station to take another train picture for dad.


I was waiting for a quite long time for the others. I saw them walk by but I didn't dare to talk to them directly, but then when I got into the station they saw me. There where a teacher from the course, students and some old CIP students. We where there to meet and greet one student that is coming from Afganistan to do the course. We waited for many trains, but he didn't show up so we got worried that he maybe was lost somewhere.

Instead we where guided around the town by one of the teachers R and one old CIP student. It was very nice since this was the first time for me to see the central parts of the city.

Sheffield Town Hall


Sheffield Winter Gardens


We passed many other building as the main library and the cathedral. I would really like to go to the library some day.

After lunch we went home to one of the old CIP students to wait for more trains. We played a card game called "Cards Against Humanity", which was really funny. You where supposed to fill in a blank with a funny word that didn't match the situation. It was funny because the words were ridiculous and it was fun when they tried to explain some things and words that are not included in a typical English lesson in Sweden... Very funny.

At the end, the Afghan student made it to Sheffield. We got a lift to the area where some of us lived and got a nice soup in the house where he'll be renting a room.

This was a really nice day, and the CIP course starts tomorrow! I have that feeling that comes right before you will do something new, and I really look forward for tomorrow.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar