måndag 10 februari 2014

Meadow hall and trains

Yesterday I slept so much so I eat brunch. In the afternoon, I took a walk to Meadow Halls shopping center. It was in the same direction as Greentop, so the area was quite industrial. As I passed this big brown building that has something with steel industry to do, I manage to catch another train picture for Dad.


I saw a sign that the same security company that surveille Luleå Technical University also look after some industry here. There name is quite funny for being a security company. Maybe that is the reason all the security guards in Luleå are so nice to the students.


I passed this memory wheel over workers who lost their lives in different industry accidents between 1867-1873. 


I passed a railway bridge and took some more railway pictures.



After a while I finally reached Meadow Hall. It was very difficult to take a flattering picture of this shopping center and the path go reach it was not pedestrian friendly at all, as with all shopping malls, also in Sweden. It was surrounded with big parking lots and there where many cars everywhere, and I got confused from left traffic again and had a hard time reaching the entrance. I couldn't even find the main entrance, so I went through a shop to go into the mall. It looked much nice inside though. 


Meadow Hall in one of Europes biggest shopping malls. I have visited the World biggest shopping mall Shinsaege in Busan, South Korea, but this one felt much bigger. I think Meadow Hall seemed bigger because it was only two floors, but Shinsaege had many floors. This meant that the walking distances in Meadow Hall was long and I think I have never seen this much people in the same area in England as in Meadow Hall. You cant really see from my pictures how big this mall really is.


There where mostly clothes stores, but a lot of other shops as well. One segment that seems so much bigger in England are the card shops. I saw them yesterday in the city as well and even Tesco has so many greeting cards for every season, occasion and birthday to any relative or friend you can think of. English people maybe send much more cards to each other, or they like to look at cards? I don't know.

I also noted that many jackets where marked as "Shower resistant". My current winter jacket stand water okey, but my spring jacket doesn't. I  have experienced why they need shower resistant jackets here though. 

There where also a lot of small cookie shops that only sold big flat cookies. In Swedish shopping malls there are cafés, but not this type of cookie shops.

Another thing i noticed was that is was quite hard to go between the two levels in Meadow Hall, until I realized that the stairs or elevators where almost always "hidden" inside the stores, as many stores where two floor stores. That is usually not the case in Swedish shopping malls.


On my way back, a train passed just as I walked across the bridge. Here you go dad.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar